Adelaide House was built by the Bridgen family in 1828 on the west side of Forty Green (now Forty Hill) at a time when the area was fashionable. The house has since been knocked down. By 1861 an Edward Fox, whose occupation was a gentleman, was living there. It may, like the nearby cottages, have been named after the then Princess of Wales, Adelaide Amelia Louise Theresa Caroline (August 13, 1792 – December 2, 1849) or Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen or simply Queen Adelaide wife of the Duke of Clarence later crowned William IV.
11 total views, 1 views today