Directional. This ancient road, which along the south eastern boundary of Spring Park, leads from West Wickham to the nearby village of Addington, was the old Kent – Surrey boundary. The name Addington itself comes from a corruption of Eddinstone, which was recorded in the Domesday survey of 1086. It was named after Eadda, the Anglo-Saxon landowner, hence Eadda’s estate.
208 total views, 1 views today