Originally Aberdeen Mews between 1915 and 1960 – it was extended twice in 1924 and 1930. It has been suggested that it was named after George Hamilton-Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen (January 28, 1784 – December 14, 1860) who was Prime Minister between December 19, 1852 – January 30, 1855. While it is not unknown for those of high office to have roads named after them, even if they have no connection with a local area, a second – and more viable – option has been put forward by the Aberdeen Park Maintenance Company. George Morrice, owned 6 Highbury Grove, a property with extensive grounds covering much of the current Aberdeen Park. He came from Aberdeenshire in Scotland but appears on the 1841 census as a merchant living in Highbury. He and his descendants extended and consolidated the land to form the Aberdeen Park Estate. On his death sometime around 1850 he left the estate to his nephew the Reverend William David Morrice, vicar of Longbridge Deverill, in Wiltshire. He, in turn, passed it to his son the Reverend John David Morrice, who owned from 1893 until his death in 1938 when it was sold to the London Investment and Mortgage Company (LIMC). They began to sell off the plots and properties, while maintaining ownership of the roadway and pavements. The first sales took place by auction in November 1938. Sales continued until LIMC was left owning only the roadway and walkways. In 1966 the London Investment and Mortgage Company went into voluntary liquidation. The liquidator offered the freehold of the road and pavements to the residents at a cost of £200. The APMC was rapidly formed in 1966 to take up this offer.