This is the first named street in the London A – Z. Named after the 18thCentury poet and dramatist Aaron Hill who was born February 10, 1685, renowned for his adaptations of Voltaire. He was buried in the west cloister of Westminster Abbey on February 18, 1750 alongside his wife Margaret, the daughter of Edmund Morris, who owned the Great House in Stratford Langthorne, close to where West Ham station is today. After retiring from public life Hill moved to Plaistow, then a rural village on the edge of the Thames marshes, where he enjoyed reading, writing and gardening. The road was laid out in 1999 as part of the London Docklands Development Corporation later work.
144 total views, 1 views today