Laid out over the grounds of a property called The Gardens, which were later used as Heston Aerodrome which was operational between 1929 and 1947. The victory being commemorated in the street name is more generally the Second World War which ran from 1939 until 1945. Although given that Heston airfield was home to several Polish squadrons throughout the war, some of whom took part in the Battle of Britain, it may be more specifically named after the victory in the skies. Nearby Spitfire Way maybe the same. This road came much later as, post-war, the aerodrome was no longer required and Heathrow was chosen as London’s main airport. The site became a factory.