Named in 2005 after William Foster, founder of Foster’s Primary School in 1727. Born in East Wickham, Foster left money in his will for a building to be purchased or built in the Parish of East Wickham to educate 20 poor children in reading, writing and arithmetic, using money earned from his land in Croydon. The original school was at the junction of Upper Wickham Lane and Berwick Road. William Foster Lane was previously one of three roads in the area named Station Approach. The Welling Town Partnership ran a competition in schools asking for a new name for the road.
79 total views, 1 views today