It is part of the area known as The Dutch Village which as well as this road includes Wilhelmina Avenue and Woodpark Lane. It is so-called because the first part of the estate was designed and built during the 1920s to 1930s by a Dutch firm who used Dutch workers and materials. It was described by its Dutch architect Wouter Hamdorff as a “modern Dutch garden village”. Construction stopped in 1937 and the remaining section of the estate and its buildings designed and completed after World War Two by a different architect and building firm.
94 total views, 1 views today