Laid out close to an old gravel pit in the late 19thCentury, this is named after one of the area’s most famous residents, Vice Admiral William Stanhope Lovell (born around 1788). His surname was previously Badcock but he and his brother changed it in 1840. He served under Lord Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 and was present at the capture of Washington in 1814. He was buried in the churchyard of St Mary’s Church, Bexley.
54 total views, 1 views today