This was, up until at least 1746, Middlesex Court and is thought to have been where Middlesex House stood. It was named after the Earl of Middlesex who lived in the prior’s house sometime around 1630, having taken ownership of it from Sir Richard Rich following the suppression of the holy houses. The property was still here a century later but was destroyed by fire in 1830, a small row of houses replaced it. The name Middlesex originates from the land of the Middle Saxons.
19 total views, 1 views today