Named after the New Merlin’s Cave public house. The Merlin’s Cave, Rosoman Street was a tavern standing in the fields near the New River Head which had large pleasure gardens, featuring a “Merlin’s Cave” or grotto and a skittle ground. The inn was built about 1735 and was very popular but the gardens were built over about 1833. Called Merlin’s Place until 1928.
7 total views, 1 views today