Named after John Langdon, who served as Bishop of Rochester from 1421 until his death in France September 30, 1434. He was one of the council of Oxford scholars who investigated the doctrines of John Wycliffe, which attacked the Pope and the Roman Catholic establishment. Like many of the local streets it is named after one of the former Bishops of Rochester who from the 12thCentury to 1845 resided at Bromley Palace (also known as the Bishop’s Palace). It is now part of the Civic Centre.
128 total views, 1 views today