Divided into Great Swan Alley and Little Swan Alley in William Horwood’s Plan of London in 1799. It was named after a former inn, called The White Swan, which stood here from the early 16thCentury. It was recorded as Swan Alley in 1528, Swanne Alley in 1566 and Swann Alley in 1677. The pub closed down in 1970.
11 total views, 1 views today