This road was previously the western section of Manbey Road but like nearby Amethyst Road, which was the eastern side of the same road, it was reconfigured and underwent a name change in 1950. The name commemorates the Worshipful Company of Drapers, one of the 110 livery companies in the City of London, recalling the sports ground, Drapers Field, that they held from 1894 on the opposite side of Leyton High Road. The company leased the land to the People’s Palace but in 1934 sold the land to the London Passenger Transport Board. Manbey Road, which was first occupied in 1879, was named after the Manby-Colegrave family of Cann Hall Manor who developed the estate.
29 total views, 1 views today