Before development the area of Spring Park, also known as Springpark Wood, was a forested area which was part of the Wickham Court Estate. This extensive woodland featured in a map of field names in 1485 as Newe Parke. A copse being a small group of trees. A survey of the area in 1587 suggested that woods in the area were intensively managed to provide firewood or timber.
52 total views, 1 views today