Directional. Leading to the village of Chaldon. The name was first recorded as Chalvedune, meaning the hill where calves were pastured, in a grant of land to Chertsey Abbey in AD675. By the time of the Norman Invasion and the Domesday Book of 1086 it had transformed into the manor of Calvedone within the Wallington hundred.
108 total views, 1 views today