Named after local developer Charles H Cearn who bought Coulsdon Court and its lands in AD1923 from the trustees of Edmund Byron’s estate. He paid £32,500 for the property which the included mansion and grounds, farms and residential properties, a total of 1226 acres. In July 1925 Cearn transferred 220 acres to Coulsdon Court Estate Ltd, a development company, for £70,600. Under an agreement he would lay out a golf course on the 35 acres that he retained, construct six tennis courts and reconstructed Coulsdon Court as a club house. For his part he built houses on his land and every house purchaser would have the right to become a club member for a fee of 20 guineas.
41 total views, 1 views today