Named after the Brooksby family who were Hackney landowners from 1725. Edward Brooksby bought land in the area from one John Smith of Hammersmith. The estate was inherited by his cousin William Brooksby, a London haberdasher, in 1753. He also left several houses in Brooksby’s Walk, to a William Frames. The south end of Brooksby’s Walk existed in 1745 and was so named by 1759.
23 total views, 1 views today