Named after a former public house, the Black Horse, which was first licensed by Richard Manning in April 1692. By 1784 it became known as the Old Black Horse as the licensee at the time had built another premises in Halfway Street called the New Black Horse. Both pubs continued until 1802 when the names changed again. The original pub reverted back to its original name of Black Horse while the one on Halfway Street became Ye Old Black Horse despite being the newer pub by 100 years. The pub was demolished in 2011 to make way for a Travelodge.
57 total views, 1 views today