Directional. The area in Erith, was first marked on maps in 1805. It takes its name from an old mansion built sometime around 1740, and comes from the Old French words bel and vedeir meaning beautiful view. A later house was built by Sir Sampson Gideon (Later Baron Eardley) which from 1865 was the Seamen’s home until it was pulled down in 1959.
35 total views, 1 views today